I decided to do something a little different than my normal favorites post this month. I liked a few things this month but I also tried a couple products that I was not a big fan of! So I decided I would give them a little mention as well!
Hits of the Month:
- Vasanti Brighten Up! Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator Exfoliating Cleanser: I received the travel size of this in one of my Birchbox’s a few months ago. I have trouble with texture bumps on my skin and I really think this helps a lot with it. I’ve recently starting adding this into my night routine a couple times a week and I think my skin is getting better each day. My skin feels so nice and soft afterwards, I can’t see how my skin looks after using this longer!
- Batiste Dry Shampoo: I’ve heard so much good things about this dry shampoo and was actually recommending it to people before I had even tried it! So I finally decided to try this out. I really do like it, especially for the fact that it is so inexpensive and soaks the grease right up! But I probably wouldn’t pick the same scent as this time, as it’s a little strong. I chose the tropical scent which smells like coconuts. Also if I don’t shake it well enough before I use it, it does tend to leave white residue in my hair but I can easily shake it out!
- Hawaiian Tropic Silk Hydration Face Lotion: I had been looking for a face sunscreen for awhile now because I usually was just using my body one or using a bb cream. But body sun screens usually break me out and I don’t really want to wear bb cream if I’m gonna be swimming. So my mom mentioned that she found this in a magazine so I went out the next day and bought one for both us! We both think it works really well and it didn’t break me out at all!
- NYX Cosmetics Sculpt & Highlight Brow Contour: Now I’ve only had this for a few days but I wanted to add this in here because I found it at Target on clearance for 50% off! If your in the market for a new brow pencil then definitely try this out and check Target for it! I wish it had a spooly at the end, but I do actually like the highlighter it comes with. It’s really easy to work with and goes on your brows so smoothly. The color is also amazing, I got it in the shade Taupe and it matches perfectly!
- Orgins GinZing Refreshing Eye Cream: I got a deluxe sample of this in a kit I got from my beauty points at Sephora awhile ago and starting trying it out this month. I really do like this, I don’t think it makes a difference long term for your under eyes but it does have a luminous look to it which mask your dark circles. I put it on before I do my make up and it just brightens my eye area and makes me look more awake!
Something else I wanted to mention was this Nyx Cosmetics Strobe of Genuis palette. This palette had unbelievable highlighters in it and as I was at Target the other day, this was on clearance there for $10! It’s orignally almost $20, which it is worth every penny of that, so $10 is a steal! If you were ever interested in getting it, I would run to your target and check to see if it’s on sale for you!
Misses of the Month:
- Simple Replenishing Rich Facial Moisturizer: I needed a new day time moisturizer so I bought this on a whim and looked at reviews after I had bought it. The reviews were great although there were a few bad ones. I ignored the bad ones and decided to try it out anyways. The first time I used it, it made me skin burn so bad and it felt greasy and not moisturizing at all. I tried to apply my make up over top of it and it looked awful. So this definitely didn’t agree with my skin!
- Lorac Unzipped Gold Eyeshadow Palette: As you guys know I bought this and talked about it in my Ulta Haul post. This has great reviews and I’ve swatched it in the store a few times and it seemed beautiful. So I decided to buy it because I thought it’d be perfect for summer and I’ve used tons of other Lorac shadows and LOVED them. But this palette did not work for me at all. There was so much fall out and the shades wouldn’t stick on my eyelids at all. I decided to return it because I was very disappointed with it.
That’s all for my hits + misses this month! Let me know what you guys think about this post and all the products mentioned! Thank you guys so much for reading! 🙂